- Dan leads the Cloud Native Computing Foundation.
- He has consulted for companies and advised startups focused on cloud, security, open source and enterprise software development.
- Some recent projects:
Dan is Executive Director of the Cloud Native Computing Foundation, which sustains and integrates open source technologies like Kubernetes and Prometheus. He also helped create and launch the Linux Foundation's Core Infrastructure Initiative as an industry-wide response to the security vulnerabilities demonstrated by Heartbleed.
He previously served as CTO of several startups, including Spreemo, a healthcare marketplace, and Shopbeam, a shoppable ads company. Earlier, he was a general partner at Skymoon Ventures, a seed-stage venture capital firm that created startups in semiconductors and telecom infrastructure.
Dan helped manage a number of telecoms firms controlled by Craig McCaw and started his career as founder and CEO of NetMarket, one of the first Internet companies. In 1994, he led the development of the first music store on the web, conducting the first secure commercial transaction after building the first web shopping cart. When not traveling, Dan lives in Manhattan with his wife and two sons.
He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kubernetes End User Conference, Hangzhou, 10/15/2017
- DockerCon EU, Copenhagen, 10/16-18/2017
- ZTE User Congress, Brussels, 10/19/2017
- Open Source Summit EU, Prague, 10/23-25/2017
- Open Source Strategy Forum, New York, 11/8/2017
- Open Camps, New York, 11/17-21/2017
- AWS Reinvent, Las Vegas, 11/27-30/2017
- KubeCon + CloudNativeCon NA, Austin, 12/6-8/2017
- Mobile World Congress, Barcelona, 2/26-28/2018
- Open Source Leadership Summit, Sonoma, 3/6-8/2018
- IBM Think, Las Vegas, 3/19-22/2019
- Open Networking Summit, Los Angeles, 3/26-29/2018
- KubeCon + CloudNativeCon EU, Copenhagen, 5/2-4/2018
- Google Next, San Francisco, 6/4-6/2018
- DockerCon, San Francisco, 6/12-14/2018
- Open Source Summit Japan, Tokyo, 6/20-22/2018
- Open Source Summit China, Beijing, 6/26-28/2018
- KubeCon + CloudNativeCon NA, Seattle, 12/11-13/2018
“China today has this classic example of a second-mover advantage where they just didn’t have the couple decades of previous investment into proprietary technologies. So they’re building up from scratch today, and looking at best practices from around the world.”
— Architecht podcast, June 2017